This instalment of the best movies on Netflix India is in continuation of the previous blog and I would like to point out that it is not a random exercise. I have a list of all the movies that I have watched till now and I am sifting through the best of the lot for your viewing pleasure alone. So here goes:-
- Baby Driver – With an innocuous outlook or a first impression about the movie, I still watched it only because of its loaded star cast with the likes of Jamie Foxx, Kevin Spacey, Jon Hamm, Ansel Elgort etc. The movie is worth its while as a popcorn flick with no strings attached and rates as 67 on the all-time top 100 in Rotten Tomatoes.
- Lust Stories – This Hindi movie with an adult outlook looks at sexuality in different shades. The reason why I have it as my best Hindi movie on Netflix is that it is a rendition by four contemporary directors of repute and since it is about four short stories so you don’t have to labour through it. A compliment where its due in the film is the character of Bhumi Pednekar who redefines the maid in MADE.
- Shot Caller – It is your quintessential larger than life hero played by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau building on his Game of Thrones exploits as a recently released prisoner who is forced by his gang to commit a felony against a rival gang in California. Loved it!
- The Gambler – If you ever watch The Gambler and I suggest you should is you’ll know the reason why Mark Wahlberg was the highest-paid actor in the world till 2017. Sorry about no updates about the current standings. Jim Bennett is the gambler who is at the wrong end of the stick with nothing going right for him including his hormones(Literature professor confused with his student) and how it “raises” the tagline – “The only way out is all in”
- Whisky Tango Foxtrot – This is a woman’s perspective adapted from the book “The Taliban Shuffle: Strange Days in Afghanistan and Pakistan by Kim Barker played by Tina Fey with a few others for a company not to mention Margot Robbie. Very funny, has to be watched, girl power, 21st century. Hopefully not sounding like an M.C.P(Male Chauvinist Pig)
- Her – Joaquin Phoenix as Theodore is a lonely writer who falls in love with an Operating System without realizing the repercussions and is not to be missed for the portrayals and the voice-over of Scarlett Johansson. As a story, something we can all look forward to as a part of our future.
- Hell or High Water – Another movie that ranks high on both IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes is the western Hell or High Water about a man who is divorced and his elder brother out of prison who desperately try and save their west Texas ranch from foreclosure by the bank. Great star cast including Chris Pine, Ben Foster and Jeff Bridges.